Saturday, May 26, 2007

Epic Night!

Shannon, Banyan, and I had such a great time at La Jolla Surfer's Fellowship last night. They had a band called the "Absens," which is a couple La Jolla Highschool kids- and they killed it! Full Metallica meets Jesus. They'll be on iTunes in a couple of weeks. We showed our Baja episode and everyone was stoked- I do always wonder if they applaude just to make me feel better or if they really liked it though- funny how you can be insecure about stuff like that. Kahana and Wes (surfer and filmer) for Baja turned up, and Banyan grabbed one of the kids sk8boards and was charging outside trying to go off curbs and stuff- and he's not even 3 yet. And last but not least Jonathan "I'm famous because I'm the dopey surfer guy in the Jack in the Box commercial that's aired a million times" appeared, but only for a moment to give his approval and promote his Niz clothing. It's a great crew to be with- and the guys who run the Fellowship I've known for 20 years- as we all came to know our creator across the street going to a surfer's fellowship. So much potential in that room last night with all those kids. I'm praying for them- they are the light in this dark world.

No comments: